Automate, modernize, and converge your data center infrastructure with an EMC VMAX 100K storage array. The VMAX 100K is the entry model in our line of VMAX3 systems. VMAX3 isn’t just bigger and faster enterprise data storage. It’s also a data services platform designed to enable file, backup, mainframe and other rich services.
EMC VMAX3 storage arrays ship with virtual provisioning turned on, ready to provision your service level objective with 1 click. Set SLOs for resources within VMAX 100K or with FAST.X for external EMC storage such as XtremIO or third party storage.
With attractive pricing, simple management, and embedded file services, VMAX 100K helps you converge mission-critical block, file, and mainframe storage to lower your total cost of ownership. Configure your EMC VMAX 100K as a hybrid storage array with the right amount of flash SSD configured for higher IOPS. You’ll get the best response time in the smallest footprint and at the lowest cost.
- Extend performance and reliability beyond Tier 1 workloads to enterprise data services
- Scale up to 2 VMAX3 engines, up to 48 CPU cores per array
- Grow with up to 64 front-end ports and 500 TB usable capacity
- Deliver high performance with Dynamic Virtual Matrix for database, OLTP, and file workloads
- Shrink data center footprint: VMAX3 engine plus up to 720 drives in a single rack
- Use FAST.X to take advantage of VMAX3 data services on externally tiered workloads such as EMC XtremIO all-flash array or non-EMC storage
- Choose EMC ProtectPoint software (optional) for direct backup to a Data Domain system
- Ensure 99.9999% uptime with always-on availability, secure data with optional data at rest encryption